Do you know why it’s important to receive regular oral cancer screenings from the dentists? Each year, thousands of patients receive a diagnosis of oral cancer in the United States, and this condition can often respond favorably with treatment for oral cancer when detected early. We review some of the telltale symptoms that can be revealed with an oral cancer screening during a dental checkup or performed at home.
There is no need to wait for your next schedule dental checkup if you are concerned about the possibility of oral cancer. You are welcome to contact Dr. Albert Yuen now or examine your mouth at home for any potential symptoms of oral cancer. No matter how you go about screening for oral cancer, you should ask yourself these questions:
– Do I have any growths in my mouth that I can’t explain, such as bumps, lumps, rough patches, areas of erosion or lingering lesions that have persisted for a few weeks?
– Does my mouth bleed and then struggle to clot correctly?
– Are any parts of my neck, head, face or mouth numb or losing feeling?
– Does my throat feel like I have a lump, or does it often feel sore?
– Do I have a hard time chewing, eating, swallowing or speaking?
– Have I lost a lot of weight recently without cause?
If your response to any of these questions is “yes,” we highly recommend that you contact Irvine Spectrum Dental at 949-387-6418 today to arrange for an oral cancer screening in Irvine, California, and an opportunity to learn more about your general health.